Sunday, November 1, 2009

an introduction for beginners

So then... I've taken on this project with Globe Bikes, to write a blog about my experiences on the Roll for the next 3 months.

I live and work in London- which can have a tendancy to be overwhelming in itself. I take the bus and the tube to and from work. Not surprisingly it has been grating on me for some time now. The thought of getting a bike is something I had been toying with for a while, but the thing that always put me off was...well...cycling in London! I haven't properly ridden a bike since I was about 9 years old, riding my moutain bike at the weekends. Road cycling is a thing apart!

My bike should be ready to collect within the next few days. Yes I am feeling quite anxious, but mainly just excited. I think getting the bike was the biggest battle; now all I have to do is ride :) And I feel at ease, as one of my friends is going to ride with me for the first week.

People say having a bike in London opens up a whole new side to it. I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment