Tuesday, December 8, 2009

fair weather cycling...

Each morning lately, that I've intended to cycle to work it's been called off on account of rain.  I have given it a go, but it doesn't fill you with confidence when you can't feel traction! So I'm still just riding around my end of the city in the evening...when it's dry of course.  I have been really enjoying it, as the roads are a lot less busy!  At times I have the road to myself- which is a rarety in London I tell you!  It's a great way to wind down at the end of a day at work.  I am working full time in a clothes shop (10am to 7pm) and I've also just had another order placed for my accessories brand (I'm crocheting every spare moment I get)...it's hard to find free time to go out riding, but each time I get home after a cycle I am buzzing.  I'm getting the bug :)


3 comments:

  1. Are you riding fixed? I'd recommend it for riding in the wet - you can feel how slippy the road is and don't have to rely on the brakes to slow down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not riding fixed at the moment, but I've been thinking about having a go. That sounds like a definate bonus in the rain! I'll psych myself up to it soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do it do it do it. Get some foot straps, take off your back brake and you won't regret it. Don't think about it too much - just do it and you'll get used to it in a couple of days.

    ReplyDelete