Tuesday, December 29, 2009

presents

Well I hope everyone had a great Christmas!?
I myself did what I set out to do (drank, ate and slept)...and feel very relaxed from it. 
Got some pretty great presents; including a tool pouch for my bike tools.  It even matches my bike- score! (I pasted this photo of it from their website, but man I really do wish I owned those shoes!!!)


I still don't know how to fix a puncture or adjust my brakes.  All the gear and no idea as it were!  Thankfully I haven't had a puncture as yet (touch wood).
I just found out about a website- London Cycling Campaign, set up to promote cycling, and to support it's members.  They give some pretty good step by step guides on bike maintenance, that I'm going to study.
It also has a link for the TfL (Transport for London) free cycle guides.  I had heard that you can get these maps, but totally forgot about it.  I have started to find my own routes to ride, but there may well be some better ones to try.  So I've ordered myself a couple.  Looking forward to finding canal paths and ways through the parks :)

Also I decided to buy myself a Christmas present, a helmet...and about time too.  I know I should have bought one straight away.  I wear a helmet when I snowboard, so it definately makes sense to when I'm riding on tarmac.

Well I'm going to brave the cold and get out on my bike a least a couple of days this week for a ride...got to work off all the Christmas snacking!

1 comment: