Sunday, January 3, 2010

out with the parents

Last summer I went on bike rides along the canals with my dad...but only when my mum would let me hijack her bike.  Since I got my Roll we've been talking about the 3 of us going for a ride together. Well it's a new year and I'm trying to stop just talking about doing things and well...do them.   So today I managed to convince my parents to brave the cold, wrap up warm and get on their bikes.

They moved to London a few years ago and are living along the river front on the north bank of the Thames.  There are some really great bike rides along Wapping waterfront, Limehouse Marina and through to Victoria Park (not that we rode that far today though).

I was looking to forward to showing off my bike, as they hadn't seen it yet.  They were quite impressed with how light weight and agile it is.  And lets face it- it's so much faster than their bikes! ha ha
Our family has always had mountain bikes in the past because we lived near some beautiful forest trails.  A couple of years ago my mum bought an urban hybrid, which she's been enjoying riding around town.  My dad's bike is getting on a bit now, and he's considering buying a new one.  I let him have a little ride on the Roll, and I think he's strongly considering a single speed now...oh yes, a convert!


We turned back home when the night crept in, but we got a beautiful backdrop of Canary Wharf all lit up.

Loving this bike!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment