Sunday, January 31, 2010

impressed

So I've been going through the cycle maps, and I've started checking out some of the marked roads.  I figured the only difference with the marked routes would be that the roads are quieter.  I have been pleasantly surprised to find that generally the roads are flatter, in better condition and are covered in cyclist stencils so drivers cannot help but be aware that we are around...more exploring next week I think :)
The government are currently investing £17.5 million into improving our roads for drivers, cyclists and pedestrians.  There is a lot of upheaval at the moment with road works, but it's really going to pay off.
There is also a massive project from the TfL taking place, to create 12 cycle superhighways connecting cyclists from the outskirts of London into the city centre.  Very impressive!

2 comments:

  1. HI Emma
    I am from Montreal ,it's cool to see London on bike !!Iam a french Canadian so my english is not very good ..but i can read your blog, whit a dictionnary !!the spring begin so i am going to do a lot of bike !!
    keep your blog alive!!
    bye
    Boris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merci bien Boris!!!

    That's really encouraging to hear!
    I will keep writing for sure :)

    ReplyDelete