Thursday, January 14, 2010

fill in the blank

I ____ snow...
The word there used to be love, but this winter my feelings have changed.  It comes down to the fact that I am now a cyclist.
Yesterday morning I opened my front door to that very magical sight of fresh snow... but I was sulking all day long.  I thought the residual snow from this last weeks fall had melted away enough that I could get out for a ride soon.  But then the heavens opened and brought us this dump.  (ok so it doesn't look deep, but trust me, there was plenty!)

Thankfully due to an amazing fluctuation in temperature, it is starting to melt away already today.  This has caused warnings nationwide of flash floods- lets hope it doesn't get too out of hand!

But I'm happy to say that this means I can go for a ride tomorrow on  my day off.  I cant wait!!!

And although I am now a cyclist, I am also a snowboarder...so I can't use the word hate.  I need to get out to the moutains soon to bring back the feelings of love for the snow!



1 comment:

  1. I hear you! I F&*ing hate the snow too. Here in Wisconsin there's a good two feet on the ground.

    Thankfully, it hasn't snowed recently. However, the weather is staying cold enough for the stuff to stick around.

    Yearning for Spring,
    Cullen

    ReplyDelete