Wednesday, January 27, 2010

taking the lead

A few days ago my sister came up to London from Brighton to visit me.  The main objective while she was here was to go clothes shopping as the January sales are on.  Now I love London, but to most who don't live here they find it way too hectic.  And my sister Fiona is certainly not the exception to that rule.  It is very hard to convince her to come up here for a visit, so I usually cave and end up going down to Brighton.
So while she was here, on this occassion I wanted to show her the more chilled out side to the city.  This started out as a morning bike ride around where I live and the local park. 

This was a big deal for me because it was my first time leading someone else around the roads, but I felt confident enough to do it.  It was really good fun, I don't think we've riden together for about 10 years!  She said she felt really happy having me leading, although I didn't look back to check where she was behind me enough-woops.

I really shouldn't have worn a dress to ride in- not compatable!
When we got to the park we bombed it about and I showed her the allotments for the local farmers market and the deer, rabbits and chickens that are kept there. 
Then of course it was time to get on with shopping, but it was a great way to start the day off for her!  I think this is the start of her coming to visit more- yey :)

2 comments:

  1. Nice! Sounds like a lot of fun. Looks like you keep your Roll 1 really clean!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well white tyres...you've got to!

    ReplyDelete