Thursday, January 7, 2010

all the more reason

Ok so I'm a wuss, I haven't been riding into work.  I know the temperatures in London aren't all that cold (it's hovering around 0 degrees), but all the snow keeps melting and freezing all day long so it's leading to sheet ice.  I've already done the splits a few times just walking on the pavement!  So at the moment I'm only getting my bike out when I feel safe.  So I'm commuting in on the bus and tube.  Hell if the bus driver is only going 10mph then what luck would I have on the roads!

For 2010 the TfL have increaded the charges on all journeys.  Single journeys on the bus have risen from £1 to £1.20 and journeys on the tube from £1.60 to £1.80.  That really does add up over the course of a week.
So the economic motivation for commuting in on a bike is now even more...motivating.  Bring on some warmer weather!
Also a guy who works at head office of my shop (howies), posted this video on our website blog this morning.  In London we are all trying to steal a minute of time where we can...a need for speed!

Bike vs London Underground from Andreas Kambanis on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment