Sunday, January 24, 2010

critical mass

So I've been psyching myself up to doing an organised bike ride around London for a while now.  A few months back I heard about Critical Mass.  It was an idea spawned in San Francisco in th early 90s, and a few years later one was formed in London.  They meet at 6pm on the last Friday of every month by the National Film Theatre on the Southbank, with no set route or intent for each event, it forms its own agenda.  This month it is this coming Friday (the 29th), and as luck would have it I cannot get out of work.  In November I was in India, December it was Christmas Day, (there was no way I wanted to do it then!) so February 26th I'm in...
Photo courtesy of bbc.co.uk

5 comments:

  1. Hope you like riding really slow! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a good point I hadn't thought of! But it's an experience eh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aye, you'll find as many 'mass' haters as there are lovers ut you should definately ride one.

    Glad your bike's working out - I've just bought one as my new work bike.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome...you getting on well with it???

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah - for the money it's a cracking bike and as I'm courier I work things pretty hard... hopefully it'll last a couple of years without too much strain - I really don't like having to maintain my work bike much. Do you know about this place?

    lfgss.com - I ride in manchester but I kow a load of the london lot from various rides... they're a good bunch to ride with.

    ReplyDelete